Saturday, November 7, 2009

Halloween

So I have this amazing talent of forgetting my camera when I want it the most. This Halloween we went to my mom's work to do a little trick-or-treating and they even had a spook alley set up (that was not extremely kid friendly but Jayda still liked it.) Jayda has been bugging me ever since she first saw the spotlights in the sky advertising the local haunted houses about going to one. I keep telling her they are too scary for kids and I am not going to pay money to take 5 steps into one and then turn around and leave because she is too scared. We also got to go to a "haunted yard"--a haunted house set up in someones backyard that was pretty good--even complete with the chainsaw guy at the end. Jayda wanted to go through it again. Tai on the other hand was not too happy with that particular adventure. When Jayda was Tai's age, she even seemed to like (or at least not mind) the haunted houses then. I guess she is just one of those who likes the thrill of being scared (I know I'm not). So anyway, the only halloween pictures I got were taken by our friend Kati who did an awesome job chasing my kids (okay, mostly chasing Tai) around to get some good photos. Thanks again for the free photo session, Kati! Here is some of her awesome work:

Oh, and Grandma Suzy made Tai's costume (it has now been worn by Jeremy, Jayda, and Tai--the time she put into making the costume has been put to good use), and Lehi painted Jayda's face.

No comments: