Friday, May 14, 2010

Random thoughts

I dont have anything specific I want to blog about, but I felt I needed to update our blog so here are some random thoughts.

School is almost out. I cant believe Jayda is almost finished with Kindergarten. She has come a long way. We started out with me reading books to her, now she is reading them to me--even some chapter books. She struggled with the concepts of addition and subtraction (especially with anything she couldn't use her 10 fingers for), but now she doesnt even need help on her math homework. She wants to be a writer and a librarian when she grows up--she currently believes these two professions go hand in hand. She is always writing her own books and lyrics to her own songs. She is such a big help with her little brother and sister. Sometimes I feel like I give her a lot of responsibility for a 6 year old, but most of the time she is ready and willing to take it on. I especially depend on her to remember lots of stuff because I can be so scatterbrained sometimes (for instance, she reminds me when she needs to use her inhaler for her asthma, or that
tomorrow is Sunday so we need to set out our church clothes, you get the picture). Jayda is such a prescious part of my life.

Tai just started school (I got a new job at a childcare facility--I teach the 2 year olds so Tai is in my class). This is a completely new experience for him. He is used to doing what he wants when he wants how he wants. Now he is on someone else's schedule and is required to sit with a group and pay attention to an activity for more than 2 seconds. When I found out I was going to be the 2 year old teacher, I was mildly disappointed. Not because 2 year olds are so hard to teach, which they are, but I love the challenge. But because of my three children, Tai was the one I most wanted a break from (I know, I am a horrible mom). But we have been there for 3 weeks now and it has been such a blessing to watch Tai grow from this experience (not to mention myself as well). I appreciate his personality more when I see it in action as he interacts with other kids and teachers (I team teach with another teacher).

Today Jasmyn was officially diagnosed with asthma. Which in a way is a relief because it explains why she has been sick nearly four months of her five month life (between RSV, bronchiolitis, ear infections and most recently an unexplained cough--hence the asthma diagnosis). I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, but apparently its just genetics (thanks, Mom!) But through it all she has been such a good natured baby and such a fighter. Her favorite things to do lately are blowing raspberries and saying "ba-ba-ba"

I guess with Mother's Day this last week I have been reflecting on my children and how important they are to me. But before I finish here I should put in a word about my husband, Lehi, as well. He has treated me well this year for my birthday and Mother's day (and year round) He is a great father and husband (not to mention a good cook). I cant imagine life without him.

I guess this is a good place to stop, but here are a few of the most recent pictures i've taken:



No comments: